We are excited to announce that we have partnered with The Selfbuild Bootcamp, the Home Renovation Workshops!
This team of home enthusiasts will be bringing you in-depth one day training workshops to the Gallery Suites at Birmingham’s NEC, alongside Grand Designs Live. These interactive workshops are specially designed for those committed to building or renovating their dream home, offering a comprehensive classroom experience with the UK’s top experts.
Taking place on Saturday 14 October, there will be various sessions throughout the day and you can choose between the self-build or renovation workshops and depending on your time you can either spend a full or a half-day at the workshops or event mix and match the topics that suite you best.
Morning classes will cover:
- Understanding the routes to self-build
- Plot finding and the planning process
- What’s the best house design for you
- How to budget & finance your conversion or renovation project
- Government guidelines, legal requirements and the right to build
- Whole house retrofit – how to make your home healthy, comfortable and low energy
Afternoon classes will cover:
- How to budget & finance your custom or self-build project
- How to manage your custom or self-build project
- Energy efficiency: What strategies and materials are cost effective and eco-friendly
- Conversions and renovation – The planning how to
- What’s the best house design for you
- How to manage your renovation project
Your booking will include two free tickets to attend Grand Designs Live Birmingham, allowing you to learn and discover the latest products and be inspired all in one weekend.
Did you know on average a self-builder wastes £50,000 on their project due to bad planning and a lack of knowledge?
Building or renovating a home is a huge commitment; often found to be a daunting task. These one day workshops offers all you need to know to kick-start your project and execute it with confidence. Experts within each of their fields will be on hand to cover all the necessary aspects when beginning your build journey. Not only will they outline how to plan your project successfully, they will talk you through the legal requirements and policy’s.
Whether you are thinking about designing or building your dream home, renovating an existing one or looking to turn your hand into property development, the Selfbuild Bootcamp is designed especially for you. These all day workshops is the perfect option if you require any form of guidance throughout the stages of your project or have an interest in learning what is involved with Self-build or renovation.
Learn from the UK’s leading experts through interactive sessions available all day at the Bootcamp. Their experts will teach you the crucial basics to building or renovating your home. They will answer all your burning questions and equip you with the knowledge and expertise you will need to make your project, enjoyable, stress free, low risk and a complete success.
In addition, there are a number of extras included in your booking, giving you:
- Full access to the bootcamp programme
- CPD certified seminars with certificate on completion
- 12 workshops to choose from; tailor your day according to your requirements
- All course materials provided
- Expert advice throughout
- Advice from TV Grand Designers
- Wi-Fi Access
- Refreshments throughout the day
- Bookazine, magazines and tickets to the show - Worth over £45.00!
- Free pair of tickets to 'Grand Designs Live' Birmingham 2017
- Free ‘Selfbuild Bootcamp’ event magazine
- Free 180 page bookazine ‘The ultimate guide to renovating & self-building’
- Free ‘Self-builder Magazines’
The team at Selfbuild Bootcamp have handpicked six professionals ready to prepare you with all there is to know for the perfect project process. You will be joined by Eco build experts, David Hilton and Mischa Hewitt, Finance expert Mary Riley, Architectural expert Phil Coffey, Planning expert Sally Tagg and Project management expert James Bryden.
The Selfbuild Bootcamp truly is the first step to you achieving your dream home!
For more information visit: www.selfbuildbootcamp.com